I recently had an opportunity to enter a work for a SCBWI “Work-in-progress” grant.  While I have a few W.I.Ps the one that really stuck out was “Solveig’s shadow”, which is a story I’d really like to get off the ground.  To be eligible though I had to have at least two “finished” works.  So I took two pages from the storyboard, blew them up and re-draw them, following up with watercolour.  After I had “finished” I didn’t really feel like I had “finished”!   I think I would definitely come back to them again if I ever get that project moved along.

I really need to improve my watercolour technique – which is sadly lacking.

Another time on my to-do list.

Shadow Story raking A3